Salt Barns and Salt Storage Buildings
TORO SHELTERS ARE RECOGNISED AS THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY TO STORE WINTER SALT
- Offering the best balance of performance and cost.
- Turnkey design and build solutions from the ground up.
- Engineered to function in a concentrated saline environment.
- Extremely high quality structure, built and protected to ensure a lifetime of use.
- Temporary and permanent building designs.
- Compliant with building regulations and the environment agency.
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD TORO SALT BARN BROCHURE.
Cost effective and affordable salt barns.
• A Toro salt barn offers a 20% saving over our nearest competition and up to 40% less than a timber structure.
• Prevents a fifth of your salt from being lost/wasted each year through weather exposure.
• Our Buildings efficient steel structures save considerable cost in site preparation.
• Rapidly deployed meaning low impact on operations.
Quality laminated membrane structure.
• Built to last a lifetime.
• Galvanised frame and stainless steel fixings resist corrosive attack from salt.
• Ultra tough laminated membrane requires zero maintenance.
• Designed to withstand the extremes of the UK’s severe weather.
Close up of a high quality Toro Shelter truss
Temporary and Permanent Buildings.
• Our Engineering and Sales teams will work with you to understand your requirement and optimise your solution.
• Salt bulk storage buildings for anything from 250 to 45,000 tonnes of salt.
• Installation in days not months to minimise the impact on your highways depot.
• Short lead times to ease your time constraints.
• Shelters can be re-purposed, re-located or re-sold which could offer huge cost savings.
Compliant with Building Regulations and the Environment Agency.
• Complies with National Planning Policy for Waste (superseding the Environment Agencies’ guidance on covered salt storage (PPG10).
• Offers a safe working environment for your employees.
• Bespoke designs that are compliant with Eurocode building regulations.
• The highest standards of Health and Safety best practice will be maintained by our installers.
• Individually designed and configured to a size and colour to help meet your planning permission requirements.
A need arose for Yorkshire’s Highways Maintenance, to develop a new depot for winter maintenance which included the provision of a 30m x 60m 6,000t salt store;
Toro’s bid offered a quality build, with a 25 year-plus design life all at the right price. This (the build) was completed safely, efficiently and well within prescribed timescales, with a minimum of intrusion in to the ongoing day-to-day activities at the site. The completed structure is of the anticipated quality and functionality.